I’ve collected all drawings that show the set up of the experiment that I could find online – I found them in articles, papers, slideshows and then slowly removed elements from those drawings. First digitally then on paper with correction fluid. Again I’m ping-ponging between digital and manual methods. Photoshop seems easier to get started with – as the drawings are jpgs already anyway. But drawing by hand on paper has more possible outcomes, accidents and forms.
With these little drawings, I wanted to see what happens to the drawings if the people are removed from the drawings. Digitally, I’ve rendered the rooms empty. But manually to delete I need to add, so the form of the correction fluid becomes another element in the original drawings. The negative space of a person and text, the negative space of a context, the form of alternatives.
I have a large collection of correction fluids now – I’m glad I rediscovered them, these seemingly outdated pieces of stationary. They smell incredibly toxic and come as pens, tapes or small bottles with brushes that are designed for fast and small application. A tool designed for small, nearly invisible corrections.